Elvis Presley’s Graceland in Memphis opened the newly-expanded Lisa Marie: Growing Up Presley exhibit today in honor of her 56th birthday. The exhibit’s expansion further delves into the multifaceted life of Lisa Marie Presley as a loving mother, passionate musician, and guardian of her father’s legacy. Lisa Marie Presley was born in Memphis and raised at Graceland as the only child of Elvis Presley. She passed away in January 2023.
With an early glimpse into what it was like growing up at Graceland as the one and only daughter of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, the exhibition features items from her childhood including her baby footprints, personal golf cart, record player, roller skates and clothing, plus shares stories and memories through home movies and photos. Newly added personal childhood effects include school yearbooks, school photos and report cards.
The expansion takes you through Lisa Marie’s adult life with an extensive display of 45 outfits and other never-before-seen items including personal Christmas cards, stationery, never-before-seen photos, and more.
New exhibit highlights include:
- Outfits worn by Lisa Marie and friend Jerry Schilling to the 2023 Golden Globe Awards, her last public appearance
- Never-before-seen, first professional headshots of Lisa Marie in her early 20s, on loan from Jerry Schilling
- Framed family photos that Lisa Marie displayed in her home
- Her personal tambourines used on-stage throughout her music career
- Handwritten song lyrics for the song “Weary” from her 2012 album “Storm & Grace”
- Gold Record for her 2003 album To Whom It May Concern
- Lisa Marie’s personal wallet from the late 1980s
“Lisa was born in Memphis and had always called Graceland home. I remember her first seeing a quote from her dad from the original exhibit that said she was the greatest thing that had ever happened to him, and her reaction will forever be etched into my brain,” said Joel Weinshanker, managing partner and majority owner of Elvis Presley Enterprises. “I know y’all will enjoy this amazing, expanded exhibition as much as she did.”
Lisa Marie: Growing Up Presley is open daily as part of the Graceland experience at Elvis Presley’s Memphis Entertainment Complex on the Graceland campus. BUY GRACELAND TICKETS