Discover a New Year’s Resolution Solution in Memphis
New Year’s resolutions. We make them and we break them. A New Year’s Resolution Study by the Statistic Brain Research Institute reveals that 45 percent of Americans make New Year’s resolutions, but only 8 percent succeed. The solution? Make resolutions fun. Check out these entertaining ideas for fulfilling five of the most popular New Year’s resolutions right here in Memphis.
Lose Weight: Take it step by step with Memphis Running Tours. The group leads guided running tours along a four-mile course taking in some of the city’s most popular landmarks and attractions. Scheduled runs take place at a conversational pace, but walk-run and walking tours are offered on request. Or create your own route. The Guest House at Graceland guest concierge can help you map a route — even an interstate route if it includes the city’s newly opened Big River Crossing on the Harahan Bridge, the longest pedestrian bridge spanning the Mississippi River.
Get Organized: Say bye-bye to last-minute vacation planning. Book your getaway now. Consider these ideas for the first six months of the New Year.
· January: The International Blues Challenge features outstanding blues bands or musicians. They all gather in Memphis to compete and the real winners are the music fans!
· February: Nothings says romance like a suite for your sweet at The Guest House at Graceland. Options range from Living Room Suites(one-bedroom, open-plan suites with glitzy metallic accents and custom-designed headboards) to the ultimate King’s Suites (luxurious two-bedroom suites with a living room, dining room, kitchen and bar area). Include a romantic dinner at Delta’s Kitchen, a movie at the Graceland Guest House Theater and voila!, it’s the perfect Valentine’s Day surprise.
· March: A grand-opening celebration marks the much-anticipated debut of Elvis Presley’s Memphis, $45 million, state-of-the-art entertainment complex. Opening weekend (March 2–5) events include live concerts celebrating Elvis’ life and career while honoring Memphis’ rich musical legacy. The Guest House at Graceland offers Opening Weekend deals including admission to Graceland Mansion and Elvis Presley’s Memphis. https://guesthousegraceland.com/special-offers-packages/
· April: Bourbon and bacon, it’s a match made in heaven and it all comes together each spring during the Memphis Flyer’s Bacon & Bourbon Festival. The annual event brings together food and spirits from many of the city’s best restaurants.
· May: The award-winning Memphis in May International Festival is a month-long roster of events — including food, music and the annual Great American River Run (a half marathon and a 5K suitable for everyone from elite athletes to beginner runners) — designed to foster civic pride and showcase Memphis heritage. Each year’s celebration pays homage to a specific international destination. This year, the festival pays tribute to Colombia.
· June: Get away to Graceland. June marks the 60th anniversary of the first night Elvis spent at Graceland. It’s also the 35th anniversary of Graceland opening to the public. Come by for a tour of the King’s house then stay overnight at our house.
Spend Less, Save More: There’s always something happening at The Guest House at Graceland. Check our special offers page.
Enjoy Life to the Fullest: With a year-round roster of festivals, music events, cook-offs and more, there’s no question Memphians like to have fun — and it’s contagious. It’s almost impossible to visit Memphis without having a good time. Check out the 2017 line-up.
Spend Time with Friends and Family: Memphis mom and writer Sally Walker Davies offers a bounty of ideas for exploring Memphis with kids in her 10Best.com article for USA Today. Check it out then check in to The Guest House at Graceland.
The secret to success when it comes to keeping New Year’s Resolutions is to resolve to have fun … in Memphis!