The Guest House at Graceland Covid Update:
June 1, 2020 – As states methodically open-up and business and leisure travelers once again begin to travel to Memphis Tennessee, we have received many questions and wanted to share the most common ones in hopes that it helps with your planning for your Memphis trip. This page will be updated weekly or as information changes. Please call the hotel for the most up-to-date information. For more information related to Covid-19, please visit global and local public health authorities, including the WHO and CDC.
Is The Guest House at Graceland open?
Yes, The Guest House at Graceland is open.
Are the restaurants at The Guest House at Graceland open?
As of June 1, our main dining rooms (Delta’s Kitchen, EP’s Bar & Grill, room service, and catering) remain closed. Shake, Rattle & Go does offer food and drinks to-go. Many area restaurants also deliver to the hotel. A list is available at the front desk.
Is the pool open?
The pool at the hotel is open. The pool is open with limited hours and capacity following the guidelines set by the Shelby County Health Department and City of Memphis. Special concentration on cleaning and sanitizing public pool touch areas occurs once per hour. We ask guests to abide by the social distancing guidelines.
Are you showing movies in the theater?
Yes. Every night, an Elvis movie is shown in our theatre.
The theater accommodates more than 400 guests – making social distancing easy.
Is the gym open?
The gym is open and a limited number of people are allowed in at one time. We ask guests to abide by the social distancing guidelines and use the sanitizing wipes after they use the equipment. The gym is sanitized hourly.
Is the airport shuttle and Graceland shuttle still available?
Complimentary transportation to/from airport and Graceland is still provided with social distancing seating in effect.
Can I cancel my trip?
If you booked your stay directly with the hotel, you can cancel your trip without penalty if you cancel at least 24 hours in advance by June 30, 2020. If you book through an online travel agency, you will need to contact them about their cancelation policies.
How are you managing Covid-19?
The hotel has enhanced the cleaning protocol and increased sanitization procedures. Cleaning of public spaces such as the lobby and bar occurs more frequently. High-contact surfaces are frequently disinfected.The hotel utilizes recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The hotel continues to develop new procedures and protocols as new information and resources are made available.
For In-House Hotel Guests:
• Room and public areas have increased cleaning and sanitation protocols.
• Hand sanitizer is placed prominently in public areas such as the front desk, lobby and elevator banks.
• Public seating has been spaced to best allow the opportunity for guests not traveling together to abide by the social distancing guidelines.
• Signage is placed throughout the hotel reminded travelers of the restrictions and guidelines in place.
The Guest House at Graceland Employee Protocol:
• If unwell, employees are asked not to come to work.
• Relevant COVID-19 symptom screenings are being conducted before employees enter the work space.
• Employees are provided protect time gear and team members who interact with guest wear masks.
• Break rooms, restrooms, other common areas, and high-tough surfaces are being disinfected frequently
• Employees have been trained on new protocols and are asked follow city and state guidelines in their personal and professional lives.
While I am visiting The Guest House at Graceland, what should I do?
While many things are changing daily, we do ask guest to follow the guidelines recommended by the CDC.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing continues to be recommended as a best practice to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We have adjusted seating in public areas such as the lobby and pool, to accommodate social distancing guidelines. We asks guests to be aware of the six-foot suggested distance when around other guests or employees. Signage is placed around the hotel as a reminder.
- Masks: We suggest you bring a mask with you. While we recommend using a mask, requirements may differ from town to town, so we suggest you bring one with you. However, many Memphis retailers, attractions and restaurants may ask you to wear a mask.
- Hygiene: While the hotel is providing hand sanitizer and has increased frequency of cleaning in public spaces, the CDC strongly urges proper hand-washing as a best practice for preventing the spread of germs.
Photos by Michael Butler, One901.